Thursday, September 17, 2009

Life Happens


Wow, it's been awhile since I've updated my photo blog and trust me, everyday I wake up with that itch of posting and then...life happens! I'm on my way to getting back into the groove of things but this past month has been a crazy and busy month to say the least--full of tears, laughter, love and lots of prayer. Earlier this month I lost a beautiful niece, Si'iva Journey Auelua and we just said our goodbyes to a dear Uncle. If you know my older sister, then you know what a sweet and gentle soul she is. Lora is someone who has a good heart. A heart that bleeds genuine care, love, and peace to those around her. She will be a perfect mother. Si'iva is her first born and although she was here for a short visit, I learned so much from her. The hardest thing for me was to watch my sister through her pain, sorrow and heartache. Is it weird to say I felt her pain?!...Well I know I've said, "I know how you feel" many times before but this time was different. Although I've never lost a child, I TRULY felt my sisters pain or because of how close we are as sisters, I shared her pain. Maybe not at the same magnitude but my heart aches for her. Even though we understand the eternal plan, I've never yearned for someone to live so much. I selfishly wanted so much for Si'iva to stay for my sister. I couldn't even bare looking at her in so much agony. Si'iva returned home, but I was reminded of the eternal perspective of things. We become so mangled with things of the world and we sometimes neglect the people and things that really matter. In my parents living room stands a picture of the 3 of us girls when we were younger and it sits in a wooden frame. The frame reads, "Nothing comes as close to what we share as sisters." Years ago, I really didn't know the meaning. Growing up with two sisters was a trial in itself but now that we are older and have our own families, it is such a great blessing and I thank my heavenly father everyday for the relationship I have with my sisters. Si'iva has taught me the true meaning behind this saying. We have always been close as sisters but for the first time I felt exactly what this means. There is always great lessons learned from our beloved ones that have passed on, whether they lived for an hour or a lifetime.

Si'iva now works from the other side and our work must continue here. I take comfort in knowing that she now awaits us. Thank you Si'iva for your short visit and for reminding me of all the things that, "really matter." We'll be seeing you. You are OURS FOREVER!

4 comments:

  1. Death has a way of teaching us...how to be grateful...how to prioritize....how to love again...and so much more. It's a good thing we have the Gospel to let us know that death is not the end. Anyways, it's good to have you back again. Always excited to see your work! Much luv

    Alvin

    ReplyDelete
  2. OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOUR BEAUTIFUL FAMILY LETI LOVE U ALL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart goes out to Lora & Hobart. What a beautiful post, Leti. Hope everyone is doing ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW..thats an amazing post Leti. Lora & Hobart are blessed to have an awesome loving family. As well as to have a sweet spirit like Si'iva. So precious!

    ReplyDelete