Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Devyn-All grown up! :(

This is for my husband and family who give me grief over not having enough pictures of Devyn. I was in tears going thru her pictures. I can't believe my baby is almost 4 and grown up! :( I was just thinking, another year almost gone by. Devyn will start preschool in September and I realized that I don't have a baby anymore--sad!

Devyn has wanted to be so much more independent lately. She has learned to do all of the things I used to have to do for her, and now all I hear is "Mommy, I can do that myself." It breaks my heart to hear that. I've realized that I need to be ready for the years to come and that I will need to keep growing with Devyn. But my attention and care will take on a different form. She will be all grown up sooner rather than later and I'm grateful to share in her simple joys and the simplicity and the innocence of her happiness.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds to me like it's time for another one!! lol Devyn is too cute and she would be an awesome big sis!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...she is so pretty!!! Looking less like daddy and more like mommy...lol. Hi devyn, leti, and uela. Miss seeing you guys. take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leti~ she is such a cutie! I love seeing pixs of her. She looks so grown up in the shots from Samoan Flag day!!

    ReplyDelete